helping ombudsmen work towards best practice
An on-line library of ombudsman resources
INFO Network's intranet is available to our members only.
It provides members with facilities to seek advice, start discussions, share documents and gives you access a growing library of resources related to the ombudsman function and alternative dispute resolution, including on:
• the ombudsman role
• the operation of ombudsman schemes
• dispute resolution methodology
• technical notes, practice notes and guidelines
• complaint issues and case studies
• dealing with systemic issues
• independent review of ombudsman schemes
• judicial review of ombudsman decisions
• annual reports and other public reporting of industry performance
• presentations from all of the INFO conferences
• scheme newsletters, bulletins, circulars
Targeted professional development for financial services ombudsmen
Our annual INFO Conference provides opportunities for professional development and networking among INFO Network members and invited others, formally and informally.
The 2020 conference was scheduled for September, hosted by our two Malaysian members (Ombudsman for Financial Services and Securities Industry Dispute Resolution Center)
in Kuala Lumpur. Due to the spread of the COVID-19 virus worldwide, the conference was postponed to 2021. In early 2021, it was postponed to 2022.
Keeping INFO Network members up to date with the world of financial services ombudsman
A monthly e-bulletin keeps members in touch with the latest news from each other and in financial services more generally.
Back issues are available to members in the intranet.
Striving to comply with fundamental principles
All INFO Network member schemes and offices are expected to comply with six fundamental principles agreed by the membership:
• independence, to secure impartiality
• clarity of scope and powers
• transparency and accountability.
INFO Network aims to help members do this, while recognising that some members may be constrained by scheme structures and resources, which may be outside their control.
Who we are
What we do
a proven model
how to guides